So last night I dug out my Camelbak so I'd have hydration easily without figuring out how to run with a water bottle comfortably. Filled it. Set it by my purse so as not to forget.
Fast forward: 0700 today
I hasn't rained in MONTHS! but today it is raining. And as surprised as I am now to say it, I never once though "oh I'll do it later then" or "not today". I thought: "crap. do any of my rain jackets fit?" The answer: not really. My lightweight rain jacket is too small and my heavyweight rain jacket is technically too small if I needed to zip or button it, but since I needed something the heavyweight was the closest to working.
So I get to the track and it stops. Now what do I do with my jacket? I balled it up pretty tight and stowed it under the bleachers. I guess this is proper track running etiquette? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Again, hadn't used the Camelbak since I was smaller and so I just kept fumbling with the straps trying to get it to "fit" right. On top of it, I was wondering to myself "why is today so hard?". So I went over my workout last night at the gym. It wasn't anything crazy or any harder than usual. 70 oz of water in my Camelbak is only like 4 pounds, so that isn't it. And then the podcast ended, Ullrey said "and for those of you finishing Week 2......" There! I was a dingbat and selected the wrong podcast. Thank goodness! Then I was even more proud of myself for going out in the rain, not walking, and accidentally doing a harder week.
Now I need new shoes. My left foot hurts and I think it's because my shoes are old. Ugh. Money Fairy please come by my house!
kthxbai!
Thanks for coming along for the ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment