Monday, August 1, 2011

No Dying--Just lots of Sweating ;-)

DAY 1 COUCH TO 5K (C25K)

No stopping. No dying. Lots and Lots of sweating. It wasn't bad at all. Me, my iPod, and the gazillion degree heat index started our ambitious plan successfully today. The podcast I chose for today's workout was great and the Narrator wasn't terribly peppy or droning either.

I start out on my front porch and do my warm up walk to the local Middle School track. I complete all of my intervals on the track and then do my cool down walk home. It is rather convenient. Today I was able to cover just short of 1.25 miles during my intervals. Very proud of myself!

What I Learned:
Lengthen my stride--it's way more comfortable!
Not all shorts ride up (thank goodness!)
I need to drink more before I leave

I CAN DO IT!

So I weighed in this AM as I do every stinking Monday morning and I'm down 18.0 pounds. Hoorah! So from 5/30 until today I've done a very good job! This is week 10 overall and I am feeling great.

This week:
C25K: Mon, Weds, Fri
Weights: Tues, Thurs, Sat
Abs: Tues, Thurs, Sat
Work: Sun, Mon, Thurs, Fri

We leave for VACATION on Sunday! Just hope I can complete Week 2 without much trouble while vacationing.


Thanks for coming along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment