Warning: Insanity to Ensue
So I'm going to try this "blog" thing out. I mean, who knows, it may actually be therapeutic. I've had alot going on these past few weeks, moreso than normal.
A Quick Recap:
My boss got fired/"resigned" unexpectedly. This alleviated SO much stress from my life. I couldn't quit, so this was a godsend. I didn't realize exactly how bad it had gotten until she was gone and how much better I feel.
I got a scholarship for my final year of school. This helps so much because I'm broke.
I'm WAY overweight again. I've gained almost 30lbs since January of this year! Yuck! So my new plan is to get serious help--in the form of a bariatrician. Protein loading is my game.
Okay, back to the now. I work 3 12hr shifts in a row each week, presuming I get off on time. Noon to midnight. You might think that this would be an interesting shift, I chose it because at the time it meshed with my school schedule. It blows really. So I get anywhere between 6-10 hours of sleep each night, depending on work and school. It can tip as low as 0-4 when things get really crazy.
My daughter is super smart and growing up so quickly. She was born in January 2009. I am so proud of her. Luckily my preschool understands parents with crazy work schedules and is such a top notch place.
Nathan. My Nathan. We've been through the shit together and I think it has made our relationship that much better. He works at Kohl's Distribution Center. He's their most productive employee, but he doesn't understand basic social and professional skills and probably won't ever advance above where he currently is. Kinda hard to get a promotion when you are cussing all the time ;)
So I thought I wanted to get my MSN right after I graduate, but I'm starting to consider getting my doctorate. We shall see. I'm such a patient advocate that I'm really interested in Family Psychiatry/Mental Health NP.
Well that's it for now.
Thanks for coming along for the ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment